Here on Florida's Historic Coast you’ll find a city where authentic Spanish architecture provides a European vibe complete with beautiful seaside scenery. Plus, you’ll have your choice of intriguing outdoor activities designed to ensure your special getaway will be filled with adventure, fun and lots of laughs.
On the Water
Spend a memorable afternoon exploring the waters surrounding historic St. Augustine. The bay and estuary are home to dolphins, manatees, stingrays, turtles, an amazing array of fascinating coastal birds…and much more.
- St. Augustine Eco Tours departs from the city marina and offers guided kayak tours as well as a catamaran and tour boat for those who prefer a more leisurely, sit-down excursion.
- Kayak St. Augustine features guided kayak and paddle board tours and for early risers who want to be inspired – a sunrise, stand-up paddle board tour!
- A few miles south, Ripple Effect Ecotours takes kayakers into the estuary and marshes at Marineland under the guidance of a master naturalist.
- The St. Augustine Scenic Cruise provides a leisurely daytime tour of the bay aboard the double-decker Victory III.
- Just like in a romance novel, go for a dreamy sail aboard the 76-foot Schooner Freedom! Choose from day, sunset, moonlit (and special full moon) cruises – you and your friends can help raise the sails or even take the helm. Complimentary refreshments included!
Girls love pirates…right? Well, here’s your chance for your crew to meet up with the crew of the pirate ship Black Raven. Every Friday and Saturday night, the ship sets sail on a Rum Runner cruise – an adults-only sailing adventure featuring pirates, comedy, sea shanty sing-alongs and the best bar this side of the Spanish Main. Departing from the city marina, your moonlit cruise will be under the command of the infamous Walker Plankton, supported by his scurrilous crew.
Of course, one of the best ways to experience St. Augustine’s historic atmosphere is by horse-drawn carriage. You’ll find them lined up along the bayfront near the Castillo de San Marcos. Climb aboard and go clip-clopping through history with fun and laughs along the way. Across the bay on Anastasia Island, you’ll see the beautiful St. Augustine Lighthouse. Experts have proclaimed it “the Mona Lisa of paranormal sites” and a great way for a small group to experience that spooky atmosphere is to take the guided Dark of the Moon Tour. This nighttime walking tour features a 219-step climb to the top of the tower where you’ll experience incredible nighttime views of the city and ocean lit by the powerful Fresnel lens.