Romance in St. Augustine & Ponte Vedra
Historic bed & breakfast inns, cozy horse & carriage rides, luxurious spas, quiet beaches and sunset sails create an itinerary for lovers.
Everywhere you turn, romance is in the air in St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra & The Beaches.
Sea View Grille
Among the many dining options at the Lodge & Club at Ponte Vedra Beach is Sea View Grille, an elegant venue overlooking the ocean. Lunch or dinner, linen-topped tables, gourmet selections, stunning views and the sounds of a saxophone set the stage for romance.
Be sure to make reservations when you visit the famous Restaurant Medure. While seafood is on the menu, they also offer a tasty, dry-aged Kansas City strip steak.
If you're craving fresh seafood, the Conch House is a waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood and Caribbean-style cuisine. Its signature spicy Minorcan Conch Chowder is delicious, and you can dine in privacy in one of the restaurant’s "grass huts" - booths that jut out over the water and are covered with tiki umbrellas.
The Reef Restaurant
The Reef Restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating and great views of the ocean. We suggest trying the Prime Rib Stuffed Mushrooms – caps filled with shaved prime rib and garlic herb cheese. The Chicken St. Augustine, chicken stuffed with crab, roasted red peppers and asparagus, is delicious, as is the Seared Tuna Duo, twin ahi steaks, one herb-crusted and one sesame-seed-crusted.
Looking for dessert? The Raintree Restaurant’s Dessert Bar will tempt you with goodies from Bananas Foster to ice-cream crepes.
Romantic Things to Do
Spas & Packages
- The Bayfront Marin House offers couple’s spa packages that let you unwind together, while enjoying sweeping views of the glittering bay.
- For an all-encompassing weekend of amour, stay at the Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast and indulge in one of their special packages for lovers.
- Give yourselves over to the relaxation professionals of the sophisticated spa at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, where facials, wraps and manicures are tailored to suit you.
- Soothing music serenades even before you step foot into the sensational Spa at Sawgrass. Sip champagne or fruit smoothies while awaiting your treatment, including a couples massage.
Explore St. Augustine
- Take a tour inside Flagler College to see lavish examples of Spanish Renaissance design, from murals depicting Greek myths to Tiffany stained glass and Austrian crystal chandeliers.
- Visit the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum for a breathtaking, panoramic view of St. Augustine and its beaches and waterways. Locals say the romantic, historic structure is one of the best places to propose marriage. And each night of the full moon, the lighthouse hosts sunset/moonrise champagne toasts atop the tower.
- Check out St. Augustine’s Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the continental United States. You can tour the fortress’s ancient first-floor rooms and dungeons, and then climb to the top for a stunning view of Matanzas Bay.
- Snuggle up with your sweetie aboard a private, luxury yacht with St. Augustine Sailing.
- Head to the GTM Research Reserve and hike past salt marshes and oyster beds, through hammock, scrub and flatwoods, out to the Tolomato River. The reserve boasts more than nine miles of nature trails for both hiking and biking, as well as beach dune walkovers that lead to a beautiful coquina sand Atlantic beach.
- Watch the river from the open-air deck of The Cellar Upstairs at the San Sebastian Winery with a glass of local wine.
- Toast to the end of your day aboard the Schooner Freedom. Sail aboard the tall ship for a completely different view of St. Augustine’s historic district – from the sea.
An enticing mix of history, culture and landscape unmatched in authenticity awaits couples on a getaway to the Ancient City. Find more romantic inspiration here.