Healthy Travel Information & How We Are Open
As the health and safety of visitors to St. Augustine | Ponte Vedra Beach is paramount, Florida’s Historic Coast is committed to providing travelers with accurate and timely information about traveling to the area safely.
Florida's Historic Coast is open and following accepted Federal, State and Industry Guidelines.
• Some businesses such as the Castillo de San Marcos are reinstating mask wearing and social distancing policies. We recommend you contact businesses to confirm their policies.
What's Open in St. Augustine & Ponte Vedra
• Most businesses are open; however, we recommend you contact businesses to confirm their days open and hours of operation.
• Many public events are occurring; however, there are some canceled or postponed. We recommend that you contact the event for the latest information.
• Here is information about mid-size or small group meetings on Florida’s Historic Coast.
• St. Johns County beaches and the St. Johns County Ocean & Fishing Pier are open from dawn to dusk for all uses and activities. Since lifeguards may not be on duty at all times or at all locations, all swimming is at done at your own risk.
• All Florida State Parks are now open.
• Travelers are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits.
Healthy Travel Practices from the CDC
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up to date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. State Department
What are area businesses and events doing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
• The St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra and The Beaches Visitors & Convention Bureau has been in regular contact with local businesses and have provided information and resources on how businesses can prepare for and prevent the spread of viruses.
Our attractions and tourism businesses have implemented expanded preventive measures, including:
- Expanded cleaning and sanitation practices, such as frequent cleanings, wiping down surfaces frequently throughout the day, and making sanitation gel or wipes available to visitors.
- Communicating guidelines to employees and visitors on how to prevent the spread of viruses.
- Implementing a response plan in case someone is suspected of contracting the Coronavirus.