The Constitution Monument
The Constitution Monument is an obelisk constructed in 1813 in celebration of the newly formed government in Spain. As the capital of the Spanish colony of Florida, St. Augustine was decreed by Spain to build it. Today, it is believed to be the only surviving monument of its kind.
The Public Market Place
The Public Market Place was originally built in 1598. It was rebuilt in 1824 and used as a market for the sale of meats and produce. It was here where a standard of weights and measures was first introduced in the country. The market place was rebuilt in 1888 following a fire in 1887.