Looking for a romantic place to hold your wedding?
Here are the top 10 reasons for getting married in St. Augustine or Ponte Vedra Beach.
- An Authentic Setting – The rich history of the Nation’s Oldest City and authentic old-world charm at every turn combine to create the perfect backdrop for making lasting memories. Founded in 1565, St. Augustine remains a vibrant setting for memorable experiences. Unique attractions, historic hotels, charming inns, museums and historical sites provide inspiring places to celebrate life’s special events.
- Seaside Splendor – With 42 miles of pristine Atlantic beaches, Florida’s Historic Coast is an ideal setting for events that showcase the timeless allure of the sea. Plus, the exceptional resorts of Ponte Vedra Beach offer seaside grace and elegance that is rated among the best in the world. Farther south, Vilano Beach, St. Augustine Beach and Crescent Beach are perfect for smaller events on the beach.
- Legendary Links and Outdoor Opportunities – One of the world’s great golf destinations, Florida’s Historic Coast can add recreational flair to any event. The TPC Stadium Course, home to THE PLAYERS Championship, the World Golf Hall of Fame and two championship courses at World Golf Village are just a few of the golf courses available for memory-making events. For those seeking a natural location, we’ve got beaches with inspiring sunrises and sunsets, secluded islands, guided kayak tours, sailing adventures and even horseback riding at the edge of the sea.
- Easy Airport Access – Florida’s Historic Coast is served by Jacksonville International Airport(JIA) – a 50-minute drive from downtown St. Augustine, 20 minutes from World Golf Village and 30 minutes from Ponte Vedra Beach. Also, the Northeast Florida Regional Airport in St. Augustine is a full-service aviation facility that can accommodate private aircraft of all sizes.
- Pleasant Weather – Mild weather is a trademark of Florida’s Historic Coast, where gentle ocean breezes and soothing temperatures are a daily occurrence. Average daily temperatures range from a low of 57 F in January to a high of 81 F in August. And summers are among the coolest you can find in the Sunshine State.
- Unique Venues – Interesting venues you won’t find anywhere else ensure events held here are truly memorable. An ancient Spanish fortress, an iconic lighthouse, courtyards and ballrooms that retain the aura of the Gilded Age, and many more are sure to meet or surpass the dreams of even the most imaginative event planner.
- Welcoming People – Since 1821, the hospitable residents of Florida’s Historic Coast have welcomed guests to this part of Florida. From the moment guests arrive until the day they depart, those who are lucky enough to call this place home are proud to share the wonders of Florida’s Historic Coast. For many, making guests feel at home is a family tradition – it’s been a part of life here for generations.
- Culinary Delights – Florida’s Historic Coast is a dining adventure, where the best of Spain and the Mediterranean combine with traditional Southern dishes to create a smorgasbord of tantalizing dishes. The freshest seafood, locally grown produce and culinary traditions refined over the centuries are featured at restaurants including fine-dining venues, sidewalk bistros, rustic waterfront grills and seaside eateries.
- Professional Planning Services – One call or email to the St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra & The Beaches Visitors and Convention Bureau will provide a connection to all of the services needed for a successful event, including destination management companies, transportation, entertainment, dining, audio/visual and numerous other businesses. The VCB will even check area hotel availability, assist with off-site selections, provide meeting facility specifics and help plan itineraries. For assistance in planning an event on Florida’s Historic Coast, email Celebrate@FloridasHistoricCoast.com or call 904.209.4429 today.
- Accommodating Spaces – Historic hotels, charming inns, seaside resorts, vacation homes – these are just a few of the lodging choices available on Florida’s Historic Coast. And with more than 162,000 square feet of event space and 5,800 guest rooms, this area has the ideal space for hosting events for 10 to more than 1,500.
For more information and help planning your wedding, Contact Us.