Para información en español, presiona aquí.
St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra Beach are home to family-friendly inns and resorts, activities and attractions for all ages, and dishes for even the pickiest palate. Traveling with kids is a breeze here! Some ideas to help you plan the best family vacation in Florida are below.
Top Family Things to Do:
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm lets you feed the gators, or swim with dolphins at Marineland Dolphin Adventure.
- Kids can learn what school was like more than 200 years ago at the Oldest Wooden School House.
- Little legs can get tired after a day of exploring, so hop on an Old Town Trolley or Red Express Tours, which will take you to more than 20 stops around St. Augustine.
- Along with the ease of transportation, each gets you into attractions including the Old Jail and Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, making it a great value.
- The ultimate way to experience the history of St. Augustine is with a visit to the Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the continental U.S. The fort was built to protect the city by the Spanish. Talk to the living history interpreters and see musket drills and cannon fire.
- Potter's Wax Museum, the oldest wax museum in the country features life sized recreations ranging from Roman Centurions to celebrities and political leaders.
- Enjoy a beach day! Florida’s Historic Coast has more than 42 miles of white, sandy beaches.
- If you have younger children, visit the splash pad at St. Johns County Ocean Pier Park.
- A local favorite is Anastasia State Park, a 1,600-acre Florida State Park with rich ecosystems and abundant wildlife. Within the park is Anastasia Watersports, which rents kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards. There are plenty of shady picnic areas and restrooms.
Where to Stay:
- The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club was voted America’s Best Family Hotel by Travel + Leisure readers and offers year-round children’s activities like arts & crafts and movies, as well as a summer camp June through August.
- Sunset Grille is a great option for families. The restaurant has a kids’ menu and a fantastic view.
- St. Augustine Seafood Company also has options kids will love, like the fried shrimp basket and cheese quesadilla.
- Grab a simple lunch in the garden of the Spanish Bakery Café. Fresh baked breads and traditional Spanish flavors include Empanadas, picadillo, sausage rolls, fresh soups and fresh baked traditional cinnamon, almond and lemon cookies.
- Head to Old Town for an ice cream sandwich from Peace Pie or try a popsicle from The Hyppo which makes for a sweet treat.