10 Great Indoor Activities in St. Augustine & Ponte Vedra
Ever wonder what’s behind the door at some of Florida’s Historic Coast museums and attractions?
St. Augustine and Ponte Vedra Beach average 223 days a year of pure sunshine. But even Florida's Historic Coast can experience a cold snap. If you are looking for a place to warm up and a cool place to explore, there’s plenty of indoor fun and learning to be found here. Be sure to call ahead to check on hours of operation and admission fees.
10 great indoor activities
1. Take stroll through the gilded age at Lightner Museum. Henry Flagler’s former Alcazar Hotel holds 19th-century artifacts including natural history exhibits, Tiffany glass, a Victorian Village and antique mechanical musical instruments.
2. See more than 800 exhibits of unusual, strange and even weird oddities and curiosities at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum.
3. Relive the Golden Age of Piracy at the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum with the world’s largest collection of authentic pirate artifacts, fun interactive exhibits and more.
5. Explore the undersea story of a real shipwreck at St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum’s interactive exhibit Wrecked.
6. Enter Villa Zorayda Museum to see an exquisite collection of hand-carved intricate inlaid furniture, hand-pierced brass lamps and more.
7. Take a tour of Flagler College’s Hotel Ponce de Leon, the restored building alive with its Tiffany windows, ornate murals and Spanish Renaissance architecture.
8. Step into the Spanish Military Hospital Museum on Aviles Street to learn about the medical practices in colonial St. Augustine.
9. Explore GTM Reserve’s Environmental Education Center where exhibits showcase animal life and the importance of our precious estuaries.
10. See more than 160 different wax figures, including Potter’s Wax Museum original collection, each one an authentic life-sized recreation of the men and women they represent at Potter’s Wax Museum.