Top 10 Reasons
1. An Authentic Setting – The historical allure of the nation’s oldest city and authentic Old World charm create the perfect setting for the creation of lasting memories. Founded in 1565, St. Augustine’s past glories as part of the Spanish Empire and the spectacular 19th century architectural achievements of Standard Oil co-founder Henry Flagler are a colorful settings for memorable experiences. Unique attractions, historic hotels, charming inns, museums and historical sites provide inspiring settings for for life's special events.
2. Seaside Splendor – With 42 miles of pristine Atlantic beaches beckoning, Florida’s Historic Coast is an ideal setting for events that feature the timeless allure of the sea. Plus, the exceptional resorts of Ponte Vedra Beach offer seaside grace and elegance that is rated among the best in the world. Further south, Vilano Beach, St. Augustine Beach and Crescent Beach offer an appealing collection of properties that are perfect for smaller seaside events.
3. Legendary Links and Eco Opportunities – One of the world’s great golf destinations, Florida’s Historic Coast can add recreational flair to any event. The TPC Stadium Course, home to THE PLAYERS Championship, the World Golf Hall of Fame and two championship courses at World Golf Village are just a few of the settings available for memory-making events. For those seeking a natural setting, there are beaches with inspiring sunrises and sunsets, secluded islands, guided kayak tours, sailing adventures and even horseback riding at the edge of the sea.
4. Easy Airport Access – Florida’s Historic Coast is served by Jacksonville International Airport (JIA) -- a 50-minute drive from downtown St. Augustine, 20 minutes from World Golf Village and 30 minutes from Ponte Vedra Beach. Also, the Northeast Florida Regional Airport in St. Augustine is a full-service aviation facility that can accommodate private aircraft of all sizes.
5. Pleasant Forecasts – Cooperative weather is a trademark of Florida’s Historic Coast where gentle ocean breezes and soothing temperatures are a daily occurrence. Average daily temperatures range from a low of 57 F in January to a high of 81 F in August. And summers are the coolest you can find in the Sunshine State.
6. Unique Venues – Unique venues ensure the backdrops for events are truly memorable. An ancient Spanish fortress, an iconic lighthouse, courtyards and ballrooms that retain the aura of the Gilded Age, and many more are sure to provide venues that will meet or surpass the dreams of even the most imaginative event planner.
7. Hospitable People – Since 1821, the people of Florida’s Historic Coast have welcomed guests to this beautiful part of Florida. Needless to say, they have mastered the art of hospitality. From the moment guests arrive until the sad moment they depart, people who are lucky enough to call this place home are proud to show the wonders of Florida’s Historic Coast. For many, making guests feel at home is a family tradition – it has been an important and genuine amenity here for generations.
8. Culinary Delights – Florida’s Historic Coast is a culinary adventure land where the best of Spain and the Mediterranean combine with traditional Southern dishes to create a smorgasbord of tantalizing delights. The freshest seafood, locally- grown produce and culinary traditions refined over the centuries are featured at dining venues including elegant restaurants, sidewalk bistros, rustic waterfront grills and seaside eateries.
9. Professional Event Services – One call or email to the St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra & The Beaches Visitors and Convention Bureau will provide a connection to all of the services needed for a successful and memorable event including destination management companies, transportation, entertainment, dining, audio/visual and numerous other businesses. The VCB will even check area hotel availability, assist with off-site selections, provide meeting facility specifics and help plan itineraries. For assistance in planning an event on Florida’s Historic Coast, email Celebrate@FloridasHistoricCoast.com or call 904.209.4429 today.
10. Accommodating Spaces – Historic hotels, charming inns, seaside resorts, vacation homes – these are just a few of the many accommodation choices available on Florida’s Historic Coast. And with more than 162,000 square feet of event space and 5,800 guest rooms, the area has the ideal facilities for hosting events for 10 to 1500 or more attendees.