The Vortex at Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum
St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum
The Wrecked exhibit at the Lighthouse & Maritime Museum
Villa Zorayda Museum
The Rotunda at Flagler College
Potters Wax Museum
St. Augustine Art Association
GTM Research Reserve
10 great indoor activities for a rainy day on Florida’s Historic Coast
Florida’s Historic Coast has an average of 223 days a year of pure sunshine. On those days when the sun refuses to shine and outdoor activities aren’t so fun there‘s still plenty of indoor fun and learning to be found here.
Here are 10 great indoor activities for a rainy day on Florida’s Historic Coast. Be sure to call ahead to check on hours of operation and admission fees.
2. See more than 800 exhibits of unusual, strange and even weird oddities and curiosities at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum.
3. Relive the Golden Age of Piracy at the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum with the world's largest collection of authentic pirate artifacts; fun, interactive exhibits and more at the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum.
5. Explore the undersea story of a real shipwreck at the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum’s interactive exhibit Wrecked.
6. Explore the Villa Zorayda and its exquisite collection of hand-carved exquisite inlaid furniture, hand pierced brass lamps and more.
7. Take a tour of Flagler College’s Hotel Ponce de Leon, the restored building alive with its Tiffany windows, ornate murals and Spanish Renaissance architecture.
8. Step into the Spanish Military Hospital on Aviles Street to learn about the medical practices in colonial St. Augustine.
9. Explore the GTM Reserve’s Environmental Education Center where exhibits showcase the animal life and the importance of our precious estuaries.
10. See more than 160 different wax figures, including Potter's original collection, each one an authentic life-sized recreation of the men and women they represent at Potter’s Wax Museum.